The adrenal gland produces hormones that help regulate your metabolism, immune system, blood pressure, response to stress and other essential functions. Cortisol is vital for life. Our body needs breaks between each stressor; over time consistent stress on the body can lead the body into 1 of 3 stages of fatigue. Adrenal fatigue occurs when the adrenals have been overworked to a degree that they can no longer secrete levels of cortisol that are adequate for optimal function.
Because cortisol levels vary throughout the day and only result at time of specimen collection, a saliva test is completed to understand a patient’s daily pattern to better asses the way cortisol production cycles over the course of the day.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue may include:
- frequent urination
- weight gain
- decreased libido
- fatigue, particularly upon waking, with intermittent “crashes” throughout the day
- poor stress response and mood regulation
- cognitive issues or “brain fog”
- increased energy levels in the evenings
- cravings for salty and sweet foods
- overuse of caffeine and other stimulants
- a compromised immune system
Conditions We Treat:
Access key details
|0||Access key details|